Weekend Camping Trip
Visit Meeker this summer for an adventurous camping weekend in the beautiful White River National Forest and Flat Tops Wilderness!
- Stop by the Visitor Center before your trip into the backcountry for road maps, hiking trail maps, and fishing maps showing locations including lakes and public fishing areas on the White River.
- Bringing your RV or looking for glamping? Park your RV at Rimrock Campground, tucked into the trees with views of the valley, and full hook ups. Or, book your weekend stay with Trail & Hitch RV Park and Tiny Home Hotel, with many tiny homes, tent camping, and RV spots with water and electric hookups, laundry, and bathrooms and showers. They are located close to town with access to the OHV trails so bring all your toys!
- Looking for something more rustic? Camp in any of our National Forest campgrounds or dispersed dry camping areas! The South Fork of the White River Campground is an hour outside of town right on the river, the campground has designated camping spaces and bathrooms, but no hookups. This is a great spot for hiking, enjoy the trail taking you up to the South Fork Spring Cave, big enough for its own internal river system! One of the better spots for wildlife viewing, so bring your binoculars and camera!
- For a cabin camping experience in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, visit our website for a list of all our incredible lodges to stay in at: http://meekerchamber.chambermaster.com/list/ql/lodging-travel-39. Most include available fishing and hunting guide services, meals, and activities for the whole family. Some even offer horseback riding and pack trip options.
- For dinning options, stop at the Trappers Lake Lodge or the Ripple Creek Lodge for lunch or dinner, just as visitors! They also provide access to a phone and emergency services should the need arise.
- For a more secluded experience, camp at the high mountain Meadow Lake Campground south of Buford for primitive, dispersed dry camping. The campground is above Meadow Lake and the Meadow Lake Picnic Area, which is popular for fishing and includes a boat launch and dock. The area also holds many hiking and OHV trails until you reach the wilderness area with a no engines law in place. Great location for viewing the wildflowers! A beautiful place to sit around the fire and sleep under the stars, but watch out for wildlife in the area!
We hope you will enjoy your time on our beautiful public lands. Please remember to leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but photos, help us to keep the land pristine! Visit us for all your camping needs!