Need to get away for the weekend with the family and enjoy the great outdoors? Here is your perfect itinerary, with fun for the whole family!
- Explore the Wagon Wheel OHV Trail System and rent an OHV from Gianinetti’s Powersports Rentals or San Juan Backcountry Adventures for a full or half day of trail riding with spectacular views! Stop by the Visitor Center for maps and information on OHV trials!
- Or, enjoy a day out on the lake at our Rio Blanco Reservoir! Visit Backcountry Outpost for all your fishing needs, then bring a picnic lunch, let the kids swim, or bring the boat and catch some pan fish, bass, and trout. Want to stay the night? Camp right on the lake shore under the stars with a fire and some s’mores.
- Enjoy our locally owned restaurants for great service and hospitality. Take the kids to dinner at our Outfitters Diner for a juicy burger and other American classics that everyone will love.
Stay With Us
- Camping not your thing? Come back to town to enjoy any of our nice hotels, with great amenities and a continental breakfast, and most are pet friendly if you brought man’s best friend along! Stay in a regular room or in one of the unique A-frame cabins at the Rustic Lodge, which houses Outfitters right on site!
- If you are here on a Friday, join us downtown in the summer on the evenings of June 11th and 5th, and July 9th and 23rd for the Meekerpalooza Series! Enjoy the booths of the Farmer’s Market, live music, food vendors, a beer garden, and games, bouncy houses, face painting, and art projects for the kids! Follow the Farmers Market on Facebook for updates!
- Get in a morning hike before the heat sets in! View the map of easy hikes in the foothills just north of town at https://www.erbmrec.com/trail-system. Or for a more challenging adventure, ask us for a map and list of hiking trails in the Flat Tops Wilderness area.
- Or spend some time at the beautiful White River, at our newly updated Town & Circle Park. The kids can fish the new fishing pond and play frisbee in the grass with the dog. Have a barbeque in the developed picnic areas or under the gazebos.
- Bring the kids to the Meeker Recreation Center to swim in our pool! Enjoy the lazy river, rock climbing wall, hot tub, and water slide! Right next door is Paintbrush Park with a playground and skate park! Drop Dad off at the Meeker Golf Course for a round of 18 holes with panoramic views of the whole valley while the kids swim.
- After a full day, bring the kids to The Mexican House restaurant for Mexican and American favorites, such as fried ice cream, and margaritas for Mom and Dad! Is it your birthday? Tell them and get to wear the big sombrero, a birthday song and dessert!
Stay With Us
- Looking for a unique stay experience? Try Trail & Hitch RV Park and Tiny Home Hotel! Just east of town, the park offers RV and tent camping spaces, along with a variety of tiny homes to choose from. They offer fire pits for s’mores, summer movie nights, and a stocked gift shop. They are located right on the OHV trails, so bring your toys!
- Head to downtown Main Street and grab a cup of coffee and an ice cream cone at the Meeker Soda Fountain before your road trip home. Stop in some of our shops for souvenirs and gifts, like Nana Goose Interior and Gifts, or the Meeker General Mercantile on Market street on your way out of town. Meeker is so family friendly; come back and see us again soon!