Passing through and only have one night to stay in Meeker? We have your trip itinerary ready for exploring our trails, lakes, and events. See a little bit of everything on your day trip.
Take A Hike
- Catch a gentle morning hike before the sun gets too hot! Enjoy the amazing view of the whole valley from the top of our China Walls hiking and biking trail, for a total of 3.9 miles, or just stop at the top viewing point! https://www.erbmrec.com/trail-system
- Grab a burger and an amazing cup of their freshly roasted coffee at Wendll’s restaurant, or a to-go cheese box and a bottle of wine from Blanco Cellars and the Little Cheese Shop for a picnic lunch! Stroll around all our shops, like Nana Goose Interiors and Gifts or Country Raised Boutique on Main Street in our Downtown Historic District and grab some souvenirs!
Enjoy Lake Avery
- Take a scenic 30-minute drive up our picturesque Flat Tops Scenic Byway east of town to Lake Avery for a day on the lake! Swim in the warm water, catch some trout off the pier, or rent a standup paddle board from the Sunshine Paddle Board Company through Gianinetti’s Powersports Rentals in town.
- Come back to town and enjoy dinner outside on the patio at our local-owned restaurants like Ma Famiglia’s for the best Italian or The Fork for scratch American dinning experience. Enjoy some great food and a glass of wine to wind down your day.
- Visiting on a Thursday? Experience our great Western heritage and watch our Summer Rodeo Series at the County Fairgrounds any Thursday all summer long! Visiting on a Friday? Come downtown for our Meekerpalooza Series for live music, the farmer’s market, beer garden, and family friendly activities. Or watch the sunset on the White River at Town Park and hike the cemetery trail to the Highland Cemetery for 360 degree views of the White River Valley.
Stay With Us
- After having too much fun, stay the night with us! Stay in one of our welcoming hotels, like the Blue Spruce Inn with an indoor hot tub and complimentary continental breakfast, or the White River Inn for newly renovated rooms and the “best price in town!”, or the Elk Mountain Inn with an outdoor gazebo and lawn and pet friendly rooms, for a good night’s rest to prepare you for your road trip home.
- Or, if you are looking for a cabin experience, book with any of our scenic, rustic lodges nestled in the trees with lake-front or river-front views, like the Ute Lodge with cabins, RV and tent camping, or a yurt to stay in. Trappers Lake Lodge offers cabins, dinning, and a gift shop to commemorate your road trip to Meeker. For a full list of our lodging options visit our website!
Book a Massage
- Tired from your adventure? Plan ahead and book an appointment for a soothing massage for those tired muscles at Prescriptions Salon and Spa or at Vital Awareness Holistic Health. Thank you for visiting with us! We hope you enjoyed your stay and that you come back and see us again soon! Check out our other road trip itineraries!